The Housing First Europe Hub is recruiting an intern to support our coordination and communication work. We are a partnership of over 20 organisations, housing providers, governments, cities, foundations and researchers working together to end and prevent homelessness in Europe and beyond.
As an Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Coordinator in preparations for training sessions, conferences, webinars and other events with our partners;
- Attending and reporting on events, briefings, and other relevant meetings;
- Working directly with partners in various internal working groups and projects;
- Helping to organize events, provide support and follow up for online events such as webinars and meetings;
- Helping to strengthen the Housing First Europe Hub’s partnership with regular coordination and cooperation;
- Supporting social media activities and providing administrative support where needed.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have completed a Bachelors or Master’s degree in i.e., Social Policy, Political Science, International Relations, European Studies, Communications, or a related field. Additionally, the following items contribute to building a successful profile for this position:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Motivation, strong organizational skills, and ability to be self-starting;
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office and social media platforms;
- An interest in ending homelessness;
- Ability to commit full-time – up to 38 hours per week;
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
Although this is a supporting role, there is a lot of potential to grow personally and professionally. The ideal candidate will take initiative in the tasks they are assigned, working independently without the need for constant supervision and delivering excellent results that exceed other people’s expectations.
This is a paid internship with a monthly stipend of EUR 820 per month, plus reimbursement for local public transportation. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium for a period of 6 months (with possibility of renewal for a total of 12 months).
How to apply
To apply, please send an updated CV and cover letter to Samara Jones (email@example.com) by Sunday, May 15 at 23:59 (Brussels time). The internship is foreseen to begin in July (exact date TBD).